Surprisingly moreish served on its own, Jason of @edo_health’s SuperSlaw adds a wonderful crunch and gentle flavour to his already crazily addictive temaki wraps.
Surprisingly moreish served on its own, Jason of Edo Health’s SuperSlaw adds a wonderful crunch and gentle flavour to his already crazily addictive temaki wraps.
Go get one (limited offer during July!); he’s at the @noordhoekfarmvillage behind the @the_foodbarn_noordhoek. Can’t get one? Keep an eye on our page; we’ll share his step-by-step for making your own.
@drasanvi_superfoods aresharing his SuperSlaw. Enjoy with quinoa stirfry, baked potatoes, or as a side. And when we’re socialising again, take it to a braai to share the goodness. 😁
Thinly slice red & white cabbage – about 1 cup in total – and place in a mixing bowl.
• ½ cup EDO Vegan Mayo (recipe below)
• 1 tsp Drasanvi Chia Seeds*
• 1 tsp Drasanvi Hemp Hearts *
*𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑝 𝑎𝑡 @naturaloptions.co.za 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒. 20% 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝐽𝑢𝑙𝑦 + 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑥𝑡𝑟𝑎 10% 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝐸𝐷𝑂 𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠!
1. Stir it all up and allow to rest in the fridge for 10 minutes so the chia can swell a little.
𝐄𝐃𝐎 𝐕𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐎:
• 3 Tbsp aquafaba (chickpea brine) (50ml)
• 4 tsp lemon juice (20ml)
• 3 tsp Dijon mustard (15g)
• 1 cup canola oil (or similar flavourless oil) (250ml)
• 1 tsp tamari, or to taste
• ½ tsp smooth chilli sauce, or to taste
• pinch salt
1. In a food processor or with a stick blender in a measuring jug, whip aquafaba, lemon juice & mustard together until well combined.
2. Continue whipping while slowly adding the canola oil in a long, thin stream. Slowly!
3. Add tamari, chilli sauce, and salt to taste. And voila!
Thank you, Jason, for the recipe!
#vegan #plantbased #veganfood #vegetarian #healthyfood #crueltyfree #food #organic #glutenfree #healthy #veganlife #healthylifestyle #foodie #govegan #foodporn #vegansofig #veganrecipes #love #veganism #instafood #vegano #natural #whatveganseat #fitness #veganfoodshare #health #yummy #dairyfree #homemade #bhfyp